Step by step guide how to re-wax your Barbour jacket:
1. You require a pan of hot water and soft cloth or sponge.
2. Chose a warm room or outside on a hot day.
3. Stand the tin in hot water to soften dressing and warm up your jacket to 70°C.
4. Work the dressing well into the garment using the cloth or sponge.
5. Pay attention to seams, creases and dry patches.
6. Rub in well, don’t just paint on.
7. Do not use excess dressing.
8. For a ”factory” finish, blow evenly with a hairdryer.
9. Hang the garment overnight in a warm place.
– Never use hot water, detergents, solvents or soap.
– Never expose your Barbour jacket to chemicals.
– DO NOT dry clean or machine wash your Barbour jacket.
With regular maintenance a Barbour waxed jacket should give you many years of service. Reproofing waxed jackets will increase the garment’s lifespan and ensure it retains its weatherproof qualities. Inside the pocket of all new jackets you will find a Care and After Sales Booklet offering you expert advice on the care of you Barbour. The booklet also gives guidelines on how often we would advise reproofing your Barbour Thornproof jacket.
FOURFIELD SCANDINAVIA DISTRIBUTION AB
LÄSTMAKARGATAN 20. 111 44 STOCKHOLM
TEL: +46(0)8 505 720 05